- 4 medium leeks, cut into 1/4-in slices
- 2 medium granny smith apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 6 lbs bone-in turkey breast
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp dried Rosemary
- Reserved Pan Juices
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/4 cups flour
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place leeks and apples in the bottom of roaster.
- Rinse turkey with cold water; pat dry. Place turkey on top of leeks and apples; brush turkey with oil and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the rosemary.
- Bake 1 hour, 50 minutes to 2 hours, 20 minutes or until thermometer reads 170°F and juices run clear.
- Remove turkey to carving platter; loosely tent with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, strain pan juices through colander into small bowl. Discard leeks and apples.
- Skim off 1 tablespoon of fat into a small saucepan; add butter. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted; add remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary.
- Stir in flour using a nylon spiral whisk Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Gradually add remaining pan juices (1/2 cup) and chicken broth; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Carve turkey into thin slices; serve with gravy.
Tweaked from Pampered Chef’s Celebrate!